Research is an important part of a Strategic Job Search to learn more about companies you want to work for. It also helps you be prepared for an interview.
What to research:
- Mission, vision, values, culture (are they aligned with yours?)
- Current events, trends, and industry news
- Their needs
- Their competitors
- Key players – what is their level of experience, where did they go to school, what roles have they held
- Work-life balance
- Involvement in local and global communities
- How are they supporting their team during COVID?
Places to gather information:
- Company website and blog
- Social media accounts including LinkedIn
- Industry publications
- Google News (news.google.com)
- Crunchbase platform for finding private and public company information (crunchbase.com)